How Do Car Seats Fit in a 2022 BMW i4? Verdict: It is an all-new electric vehicle that joins the iX in the BMW EV lineup. BMW calls the i4 a Gran Coupe, but it has four doors. In the back, there are three-passenger seating, but the space is so tight, we struggled to fit rear-facing car seats, which take up plenty of legroom. In order to check out this car seat, we tested the M50 sport-oriented trim.
Take a look at how the Latch system and each car seat below score in the BMW i4 2022 Car Seat Inspection.
- latch: The two lower sets of anchors sit under the panels. Easy to find and use. There are three upper tie anchors on the seat back. It is also clearly marked and easy to use.
- forward convertible: This seat was easy to install and fit well. The headrests of the i4 are quite small and high, so you may not need to remove them to install a forward-facing convertible. To accommodate taller car seats, you will need to remove the headrest prior to installation. Removing the headrest is not easy because you have to insert a key into a small hole to release the headrest before pulling it up and out.
C . degree
- infant: This seat was easy to install, but legroom was an issue for the 5-foot-6-inch passenger sitting in front of the car seat; Her knees were grazing the glove box.
- Convertible Back Facing: As with the infant seat, fitting the rear-facing convertible was problem-free, but front passenger legroom was an issue again.
- Supporter: After we removed the headrest to put the booster on the seat back, the booster fit just fine. But removing the headrest was annoying again. The i4’s outer buckles are also cushioned under the seat, so it’s hard to grip. The medium is flexible and can also be difficult for children to find and use independently.
a: Plenty of space for a car and baby seat; It does not affect the driver’s or front passenger’s legroom. It is easy to find and connect latch and bolt anchors. There are no headrest or seat fitting issues. Easy access to the third row.
B: Single room, apt or connection issue. Some problems reaching third grade when available.
A: Marginal room plus fitting or communication problem. Difficult to reach third grade when available.
Dr: Insufficient space, as well as various installation or connection problems.
F: Inappropriate or unsafe.
About Cars.com Car Seat Inspection
Editors Jennifer Geiger and Jennifer Newman are certified child safety seat installers.
For the car seat inspection, we use the KeyFit 30 infant safety seat, the Contender 65 convertible seat, and the Graco TurboBooster seat. The front seats adjust for a 6-foot-tall driver and a shorter passenger. Three child seats are installed in the second row. The booster seat is behind the driver’s seat, and infant seats and convertible seats are mounted behind the front passenger seat.
We also install the forward-facing convertible in the second-row center seat with the booster seat and child seat in the outer seats to see if; A child in a booster seat must have access to the seat belt buckle. If there is a third row, we install a booster seat and a convertible front seat. Learn more about.
Parents should also remember that they can use the Latch system, and that Latch anchors have a weight limit of 65 pounds, including the weight of the child and the weight of the seat itself.