Take a look at how to register the Latch System and each car seat below in our Car Seat Checkup for the 2023 Chevrolet Equinox.
- latch: The two sets of lower anchors are exposed; Easy to find and use. The top three rope anchors are clearly marked on the seat back for ease of use.
- infant: The 5-foot-6 front passenger had plenty of room and the seat installed easily.
- Convertible rear facing: Again, the front passenger had ample legroom and the installation was drama-free.
- forward convertible: After we raised the headrest, the seat fit really well. We had no problems connecting to the bottom latch anchors or the top rope anchor.
- Supporter: Again, we raised the headrest to make sure the booster lay flat against the seatback. buckles on short but stable stalks; Children should be able to understand and use them independently.
- no one
- no one
a: plenty of space for a car seat and baby; It does not affect the legroom of the driver or front passenger. Latch and bolt anchors are easy to find and connect. There are no headrest or seat contouring fit issues. Easy access to the third row.
B: Single room, convenience or connection issue. Some problems accessing the third row when available.
A: Marginal room plus a fit or connection problem. The third row is hard to come by when it is available.
Dr: Insufficient space, as well as multiple installation or connection problems.
F: Inappropriate or unsafe.
About Cars.com car seat inspection
Editors Jennifer Geiger and Jennifer Newman are certified child safety seat installers.
For the car seat check, we use the KeyFit 30 Infant Safety Seat, the Contender 65 Convertible Seat, and the Graco TurboBooster Seat. The front seats adjust for a 6-foot-tall driver and shorter passenger. All three child seats are installed in the second row. The booster seat is behind the driver’s seat, and infant and convertible seats are installed behind the front passenger seat.
We also install the forward-facing convertible in the second-row center seat with the booster seat and child seat in the outboard seats to see if; A child in a booster seat must be able to reach the seat belt buckle. If there is a third row, we install a booster seat and a convertible front seat. Learn more about .
Parents should also remember that they can use the Latch system, and Latch anchors have a weight limit of 65 pounds, including the weight of the child and the weight of the seat itself.